Diversity Hiring Coalition
The Diversity Hiring Coalition of Maine
We provide leadership, connections, education and resources to Maine employers
to promote diversity in the workplace
- Aging Workforce: To provide resources and education to organizations to bridge the generational divide in the work place
- Racial and Ethnic Diversity: To provide education, resources, and networking opportunities to attract, retain and promote racial and ethnically diverse talent in Southern and Central Maine.
- LGBTQ community: To promote and support workplace cultures where all people are welcomed, respected, and made to feel safe, as their authentic self, inclusive of one’s sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression
Our Next Meeting...
Our next meeting will be our annual retreat held on October 13th from 9 AM - 3 PM. This meeting is our BEST meeting of the year. It is full of professional development & fun so you do not want to miss this.
Please contact the DHC if you are an HR Professional who is interested in attending.
DHC Networking Advantages
- Forum to promote employment opportunities
- Access to resumes of diverse candidates
- Collaborative minority outreach
- Networking with other human resource professionals
- Information about diversity and multi-cultural resources and events
- Professional development opportunities
DHC Partners Include
The Diversity Hiring Coalition of Maine is a partnership of public and private sector employers. Our members are:
- Human Resource Managers
- Recruitment Specialists
- EEO/Diversity Officers Officers
- Hiring Agents
- Placement Personnel
Did you know the DHC has a book club each year?
We do!! And we have beeen blessed to have the author visit our group each December to be involved in our discussion. This year we are reading Becoming Nicole: The Extraordinary Transformation of an Ordinary Family.
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • A NEW YORK TIMES NOTABLE BOOK • NAMED ONE OF THE TEN BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BY PEOPLE AND ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BYMEN’S JOURNAL • A STONEWALL HONOR BOOK IN NONFICTION • FINALIST FOR THE LAMBDA LITERARY AWARD FOR TRANSGENDER NONFICTION
Some of our past books were: