Attention SHRM At-Large Members: The Value of Chapter Participation
Have you considered joining a local SHRM Chapter? Are you aware of the benefits of joining a local chapter?
FMI about the chapter(s) in your area and how to contact them, visit our State Council Contact page.
As an SHRM member in the State of Maine, you have the opportunity to apply for membership with a local chapter. As a member of an SHRM affiliated local chapter you will have access to a wealth of services and programs that can broaden your skills and make you more valuable to your organization.
SHRM Membership can provide you with:
- Exposure to other HR professionals and companies revealing how other organizations handle various human resource situations;
- Access to a network of professionals and specialists providing HR information that might otherwise be difficult and/or expensive to obtain;
- Opportunity to develop relationships and contacts in other companies to share information on HR concerns;
- Availability of local professional development opportunities to improve YOUR abilities and skills;
- Access to current best practices to make your organization more efficient, increase employee commitment, and help managers carry out business strategy;
- Availability of up-to-date information on pending federal and state legislation that may impact your company’s operations;
- Opportunity to develop leadership skills by volunteering in a leadership role in a local chapter; and
- Development of a reputation in the HR field through your involvement in a local chapter.
Contact the local chapter for the necessary chapter membership assistance and documentation.
Advance the profession, advance your career -- join a SHRM chapter!!